Do you feel like everyone around you is blessed and you’ve been overlooked? It’s easy to feel a little cheated when you look at how much your friends and family members have. Their happiness seems to know no bounds. And every venture they undertake always yields success. Does it sometimes feel like life’s richest blessings are passing you by? If you ask me, they are not.
You deserve all those blessings too. And you’re more than able to get them. All it takes is to the knowledge of how to make room for them in your life.
You can expect to see things turn around in your life once you get into the habit of using the below tips
1. Acknowledge small blessings: Sure, you have your mind set on great blessings. But, have you taken the time to express gratitude for the small ones? Even though they’re small, they’re valuable. Avoid overlooking them if you want to continue receiving them! Being able to see the sunrise each day is a blessing in itself! Consider that many people cannot enjoy that luxury.
2. Let go of grudges: One of the easiest ways to prevent you from receiving blessings is to hold on to grudges. Give it a try.
- Make an honest attempt at forgiving your co-worker for painting you in a bad light. As hard as it is, you’ll instantly feel lighter when you allow yourself to forgive
- If an issue is beyond resolution, make up your mind to take the high road. Agree to disagree and move on to better things
3. Be kind to others: You can always rely on the fact that kindness to others results in kindness coming back. It’s more of a boomerang, what you throw out to those around you has a funny way of returning! Make every effort to be kind today.
- There are many opportunities to be kind each day. How about that beggar on the corner? Avoid holding your head straight when you pass. Smile at him while you offer some currency
- Commit to only saying kind words about others today. Let this apply to even the people who have offended you
4. Get rid of baggage: Baggage can come in the form of sadness or depression. Perhaps you just left an unhealthy relationship. Or you have some concerns with your oldest friend. Whatever it is, let it go so you can focus on being a happier, healthier you.
- If all you can see is darkness, you’ll likely only receive negativity in your life. Free yourself of the weight of baggage
- Wallowing in sadness may feel good for some time. But reflect on how it’s affecting your ability to see great opportunities in your life
As you allow yourself to implement these changes, you can expect wonderful blessings to flow. Take the time to build your pool of blessings. You have the key to open the door to the best that life has in store! All you must do is “Start Counting your blessings, Not Your Problems”