New Year is around the corner, I’m assuming that everybody must have been busy thinking about New Year’s Resolutions and plans to accomplish many things in the upcoming New Year.
I strongly believe that resolutions play a major role in people’s lives to lead the contended life provided when utter dedication shown in accomplishing these resolutions with unlimited passion and love. Otherwise, these resolutions will remain un-fulfilled forever and find a place in the resolution list year after year.
As a life coach, I have seen many clients approached me with a challenge of not pursuing their resolutions till the year-end with less interest and lack of enthusiasm when they started. The common issue that I had found with these clients was, the resolutions that they had on their list were neither of their interest nor the right degree of consistent effort not expended towards accomplishing those.
Hence, I often give them an entirely different perspective of resolution to not only motivate them but also to choose the resolutions that are worth trying in any day, week, month and year rather than waiting for a “New Year” and action required to fulfil them.
According to me, resolution can be anything that will make little to a significant difference in your life and brings you more joy; it need not be a herculean task which keeps you busy all the day and makes you exhausted.
A fresh year gives you the opportunity to make resolutions that will make your life happier in the imminent year. The plans you make for the next year matter, so you need to carefully consider your resolutions. Here are a bunch of resolutions that you can think over and say “OK” to draw more happiness and joy into your life in the brand new “New Year.”
1. Laugh at least once a day: Laughter releases endorphins in the body and brings instant joy into your life. Make smiling a priority and look for joy filling your life.
2. Stay grateful: Reflect on your daily blessings and find gratitude in them.
3. Discover hobbies that make you happy: What do you take pleasure in? Tap into your natural passions with a new hobby that brings you pleasure.
4. Reconnect with nature at least once a week: It’s important to enjoy nature and find time to explore it.
5. Volunteer to help a local organization: Instead of writing a check and forgetting about the charity, connect with a local organization that needs help. Your heart will be filled with joy as you help others.
6. Explore your creative side: Do you love art, dance, music, or other creative outlets? By exploring creative pursuits, you can find new happiness.
7. Express your appreciation to others: Ensure that others know you appreciate their efforts. Making them feel good makes you feel good too!
8. Clarify your priorities: Spending time on those activities that support what’s most important to you brings you satisfaction and fulfilment.
9. Organize events with friends: Your friendship can be a source of joy when you get together and share
10. Exercise frequently: Exercise helps fight stress and increases energy. It can also improve your mood and make you feel happier
11. Enjoy your favourite foods in moderation: It’s important to enjoy the foods you love, but eat them in moderation.
12. Get enough sleep: Researchers have found that getting enough sleep boosts happiness levels.
13. Stay present in the moment: You can find joy in the little things by enjoying each moment of the day.
14. Keep your mind active: An active mind avoids boredom, so you can find more joy being active.
15. Make new friends: New friendships instantly add joy to your life.
16. Play more games: Do you love board games or puzzles? Running around with your pets? Let loose and spend some enjoyable time playing games.
17. Avoid anger: Giving in to anger drains the joy from your life and makes the people around you miserable.
18. Encourage the people around you: As you encourage others and help them find happiness, your own joy will increase.
19. Do something just for you: It’s important to find time for yourself.
20. Look for the positive aspects: Find the silver lining in all situations.
21. Create new goals: Find happiness in new goals and endeavours.
Do remember that these resolutions are subjectively objective in nature. Unless you are committed to a bring-in positive shift in your life, these will again appear in next year’s resolutions list. Hence, believe that these “New Year’s” resolutions can be a powerful way to transform your life and they can alter the direction of your entire year positively. I wish you all a very happy, prosperous and revolutionary new year ahead.